Revised September 22, 2022 to reflect Webflow pricing changes. Yes, they updated the pricing one day after my original post.
If you’re in the market for a new business website to kickstart your growth marketing or growth hacking strategy, you’ve probably come across Webflow. But what is Webflow? And more importantly, which Webflow pricing plan is right for you and your business? In this blog post, we’ll break down everything you need to know about Webflow pricing to make an informed decision about which plan is right for you.
What Is Webflow?
Webflow is a website builder that allows you to create custom business websites without having to write code. Whether you’re a small business owner who wants to build a website from scratch or a marketer who wants to create a landing page for a new product, Webflow is a great option. And best of all, there’s no need to hire a developer!
What Are the Features and Benefits of Webflow?
Webflow is the best way to create modern, responsive business websites. With Webflow, you can design and build amazing websites without writing a single line of code. And best of all, it’s easy to use! Here are just some of the great features that make Webflow an excellent choice for building beautiful websites:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface. With Webflow, you can quickly and easily create sophisticated designs with just a few clicks. There’s no need to learn complicated coding languages – just drag and drop!
- Lots of pre-designed templates to get you started. Choose from a large selection of beautifully designed free or premium templates.
- Responsive design for mobile devices. Webflow makes it easy to provide an exceptional experience no matter what device your website visitor uses.
- No coding skills are required. You don’t need to be a tech expert to use Webflow; even if you’ve never written a line of code before, you’ll be able to create a stunning website easily.
- It’s a fully hosted platform. Webflow is built on AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud computing, so you don’t have to worry about hosting or security; Webflow takes care of it.
- All paid plans include the ability to use your own custom domain. You can also purchase a custom domain directly through Webflow.
Webflow Site Plan vs. Webflow Ecommerce Plan, Which Webflow Pricing Plan Is Right for Your Business?
- Site plans allow you to create and host a business website without e-commerce features. Webflow Site plans are alternatives to Wix, Squarespace, and WordPress.
- Ecommerce plans allow you to set up an online store without knowing how to code. Ecommerce plans are best compared to Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce (WordPress e-commerce).
In addition to Site plans and Ecommerce plans, Webflow offers Workspace plans, a team plan allowing agencies and marketing teams to collaborate and work on sites together. I’ve provided more information about Workspace team account plans below.
Webflow Site Plans
There are five levels of Site plans: Starter (free plan), Basic, CMS, Business, and Enterprise. Other than cost, the main differences between the Site plans levels are:
- monthly business website visitors and amount of bandwidth used
- number of records in the CMS (content management system) – the Basic Site plan does not include this feature
- form submissions (lead generation, etc.)
- custom domain
Webflow Pricing Plans: Site Plan Recommendation
If Webflow is right for your business and you don’t need e-commerce functionality, I recommend signing up for the CMS Site plan level at a minimum. The free Basic plan level doesn’t have many features; it’s more of a free trial to test drive Webflow. In my opinion, the Basic level won’t meet the needs of most businesses or bloggers.
Webflow Ecommerce Plans
Webflow Ecommerce plans come in three pricing levels: Standard, Plus, and Advanced. To decide the best plan for your e-commerce business, you’ll need to review your requirements:
- quantity of items your store sells
- your annual online store sales volume
In addition to e-commerce features, the Standard level includes all of the features of the CMS Site plan, while the Plus and Advanced levels have all of the features of the Business Site plan.
Webflow Ecommerce plans integrate with other popular platforms to make selling online as easy as possible. Integrations include:
- popular payment platforms – Stripe, PayPal, and Apple Pay
- Mailchimp email marketing platform
- Facebook and Instagram
- Google Shopping
Webflow Pricing Plans: Ecommerce Plan Recommendation
While it may be tempting to choose the cheapest plan, please note that the Standard plan includes a Webflow transaction fee of 2% on top of the transaction fee paid to your payment processor. With this in mind, I recommend starting with the Plus plan at a minimum. On the other hand, if your annual e-commerce sales volume is over $200k, you’ll need to go with the Ecommerce Advanced plan.
Webflow Workspace Plans Pricing
Workspaces are Webflow’s version of team account plans. They allow you to design multiple sites as well as add additional team members to collaborate within Webflow.
There are two categories of Workspace team plans offered: In-House Teams and Freelancers & Agencies. Each category has multiple plan levels that provide flexibility to work for most types of businesses.
In-House Workspace Plans Pricing
Freelancers & Agencies Workspace Plans Pricing
What Webflow Payment Options Are Available?
Webflow has both monthly and annual payment plan options. However, they make choosing the annual option very attractive by offering a 22% discount on monthly pricing for Site plans, a 30% discount on Ecommerce plans, and a 32% discount on Workspace team plans.
Does Webflow Have a Refund Policy?
Webflow’s terms of service section nine states the following,
“For monthly payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. For annual payment plans, the Service is billed up front for a one (1)-year period and is non-refundable. Your annual plan will automatically renew for successive one (1)-year periods, and you will be charged the applicable fees on each annual anniversary of your purchase, unless you cancel prior to the end of the then-current annual term. There will be no refunds or credits for partial terms of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for unused terms with an open account.”
Webflow Pricing Summary
Webflow offers a variety of pricing plans to fit the needs of most businesses or bloggers. Sign up today to get started with Webflow.